Accounts Payable/Payroll Administrator Opportunity
Kelly Santini is currently recruiting an Accounts Payable/Payroll Administrator to join its successful Ottawa law firm. Working closely with the Director of Finance, the successful candidate will process and administer the payroll of the firm and manage the day to day functions of accounts payable.
Specific Duties of the Role Include:
- Processing the firm's payroll and submission to ADP
- Processing the year-end tax filing obligations accurately and on-time
- Administer benefits
- Reconcile source deductions, EHT and other payroll accounts monthly
- Record bi-weekly payroll journal entries
- Processing invoices and requisitions
- Reconciling transactions and maintaining the general ledger
- Ensuring accurate and timely processing of accounts payable and cost recoveries
- Managing the weekly cheque requirements listing
- Matching backup to approved payment
- Working with vendors and maintaining vendor relationships
- Suggesting process and financial systems improvements
- Providing relevant management reports on a timely basis
- Other duties as assigned
Skills and Qualifications
- To be considered for this position candidates should have the following skills and qualifications:
- A university degree or college degree in accounting
- 3-5 years relevant experience in the legal sector
- A knowledge of PC Law, Simply Accounting and ADP
- A solid understanding of the accounts payable and payroll cycles
- Ability to take initiative and be a self-starter
- Ability to demonstrate time management and organizational skills
- Professional and highly dependable
- Highly detail oriented and able to multi-task
Please submit CVs in confidence to Kerrie Wiebe, Director of Finance.
We Don’t Just Want Students. We Want Colleagues.
At Kelly Santini LLP we offer articling students the opportunity to really make themselves at home in the practice of law, with hands-on experience and an open-door culture.
We are looking for well-rounded candidates who are energetic, motivated and can easily adapt to the many different projects that will come their way. In addition to strong academic performance, we consider extra-curricular activities and interests and are generally looking for individuals who will have a good "fit" with the members of our firm.
We value bilingualism, but it is not necessary. The firm usually hires two articling students each year. Articling opportunities are offered in all of the areas of practice carried on by the firm.
Students interested in applying should submit a cover letter, along with curriculum vitae and their university transcripts to our articling principal André Munroe.