It may be considered ‘not-for-profit’ but who’s kidding who? We know it is run like a business and carries the same challenges, duties and operational complexity as any for-profit enterprise.
Our lawyers will bring to the table a robust understanding of Canadian and provincial charity laws, combined with years of experience advising successful businesses and not-for-profit corporations.
Our services for not-for-profit corporations include:
- Incorporation, organization and governance
- Charitable registrations
- Strategic planning
- Charitable foundations
- Risk management, insurance and directors’ and officers’ liability
- Dispute resolution
- Charitable trusts
- Fundraising and gift planning
Kelly Santini LLP has an extensive track record advising not-for-profit sports organizations. Like any successful business, running a sports association requires the ability to handle a diverse and complex range of issues. Our sports law lawyers combine their knowledge of business law and years of experience assisting sports associations with a true passion for sports.
Our services for sports associations include:
- Advertising and marketing
- Asset purchases
- Business establishment and registration
- Contracts with coaches and general managers
- Dispute resolution and arbitration
- Endorsements and sponsorships
- Funding and donations
- Licensing and distribution
- Real estate
- Risk management