Mergers, Acquisitions & Sales
When we start working with you on a potential transaction, our first goal is to get a clear understanding of your objectives and expectations for the deal. Once we understand what is really important to you, we begin our role conducting or managing the due diligence and negotiating the best deal possible on your behalf. We use our expertise in managing the process to make deals happen efficiently and effectively.
We regularly advise clients on a wide variety of transactions including:
- Purchases and sales of businesses and business assets
- Restructurings and re-organizations
- Shareholder buyouts
- Management buy-outs
- Asset deals
- Cross-border transactions
Our Business team is actively supported in transactions by colleagues practicing in the areas of tax, real estate and employment law.
If you are contemplating a business transaction, please give a member of our Business group a call to find out how our approach to completing deals can help you reach your objectives.
Recent work highlights
- Advised AirVM Inc. on its recent $8M Series A funding from RHO Canada, Build Ventures and Wesley Clover.
- Advised BDC Capital Corporation and Mistral Venture Partners on their investment in the $12.5M Series D financing of CENX, Inc.
- Acted for Ottawa-based Cloudlink Corporation on its sale to US based EMC Corporation.
- Acted for The Pythian Group Inc. on its acquisition of Silicon Valley based PALOMINO DB, INC.
- Acted for WESA Group Inc. in the completion of its recent reverse takeover transaction with Seprotech Systems Incorporated.
- Acted for the partners of Kanata based accountancy firm Cox Merritt & Co on the sale of their practice to KPMG.
- Advised Ottawa-based Kuatro Technologies Inc. on its recent acquisition of a Tier 1 OEM Engineering and Development Centre located in Virginia.
- Acted for the vendors and the corporation on the $65M sale of a private aviation company.
- Acted for the vendors on the $42M sale of all of the shares of a construction and paving company.
- Acted for the vendors and the corporation on the $24M sale of all of the shares of a funeral home company.
- Acted for the vendors and the corporation on the $12M sale of a technology consulting company.
- Acted for the vendors on the $5M sale of a leading Canadian energy and environmental consulting firm.
- Acted for a technology company specializing in the air traffic and public safety sector on the $30M sale of its air traffic division to an international, publicly traded conglomerate.
- Acted for the vendors on the $6M sale of an independent pharmacy to a national chain.
- Acted for the purchaser on a $3M shareholder buyout of all of the founder’s shares in a heavy construction company, including the arrangement of vendor take back financing and supporting security.
- Acted for the management group $2M management buyout of an engineering company, including vendor take back acquisition financing.
- Acted for the vendors on the $6M sale of all of the shares of a business intelligence software company.