Our insurance litigation group carries on one of the largest insurance defence practices in eastern Ontario and is recognized in the Lexpert Legal Directory for Canada as a ‘leading litigation firm in eastern Ontario’ in the area of commercial insurance. Our senior litigation partner, Pat Santini, is identified as a leading commercial insurance litigator.
We act for North American and international insurers, as well as independent brokers and adjusters, representing and advising our clients on claims involving bodily injury, property damage, professional negligence and environmental matters. We also provide opinions and representation on coverage issues and disputes.
Our membership in the Risk Management Counsel of Canada, a national network of leading independent insurance law firms, provides our clients with a cost effective tool for handling claims involving multiple jurisdictions.
- Insurance defence and subrogation, including:
- Automobile liability, property and casualty claims
- Accident benefits including priority and loss transfer disputes
- Occupiers liability
- Commercial and general liability
- Insurance fraud / arson
- Professional liability
- Directors’ and officers’ liability
- Product liability
- Pharmaceutical liability
- Government and public authorities liability
- Sexual abuse defence
- Property damage
- Insurance coverage issues
- Self-insured programs
To speak with one of our insurance defence team, please call or email.